In 1927, Warwood Armature Repair Company, Inc. was established in Wheeling, WV by Raymond V. Thalman and Lawrence J. Schmitt. The business began in the garage behind the Thalman home where rewinding armatures for local coal mines and industries was conducted. The company was so successful that more space was needed, and a new building was constructed in 1932 at North 7th & Hazlett Ave. Over the years, the company continued to add new techniques and ventured into new sales and rebuilds.
In 1969, Warwood Armature created the WARCO Sales, Inc. division to accommodate growth in new motor sales. Warwood Armature expanded its facilities over the years, adding more than 100,000 square feet of warehouse space for motor management, storage, and exchange services as well as upgraded their equipment. Today, Warwood Armature’s team, equipment, and facilities represent the best in the electric motor industry. Warwood Armature remains a family owned business entering its fourth generation of ownership and management